AAFP (American Association of Feline Practitioners) has created a CFP (Cat Friendly Practice) program to help encourage and facilitate excellence in veterinary care for cats. The program
helps clinics to overcome the unique challenges that cats may have with going to the vet and create a positive experience for you and your cat instead.
How did City Cat Clinic Obtain a GOLD CFP Standard?
Practices complete a self-assessment checklist by utilizing a variety of educational resources. There are two levels to the program - Silver and Gold. City Cat Clinic has achieved the GOLD level.
Crucial elements to achieve this level and maintain the standard include:
- Our practice is of a good clinical standard
- Our staff is knowledgeable about and understand cats
- We have a gentle, caring and empathetic approach to handling cats
- Our waiting and exam rooms are cat friendly
- We have the ability to hospitalize cats in a comfortable setting to meet their unique needs
- Our equipment is specific and appropriate for cats - including anesthesia and x-ray
What Does the CFP Status Mean to Me and My Cat?
The CFP standard lets you know that City Cat Clinic has achieved the above standards and that our staff understands cat's specific needs. We are committed to learning ways to make visits
more pleasant for your cat. We have created an environment that is less threatening to cats, along with ways to interact and handle your cat so that examinations and procedures are less stressful.
We value your contribution to your cat's healthcare plan and will make every effort to help you understand your cat's needs and help you learn what you can do at home to ensure your cat lives a long and healthy life.